A light and fluffy pastry made of deep fried dough and topped with cinnamon and powdered sugar. This dessert item is so popular it has its own booth which is located on the field. Your orders are prepared fresh while you wait.
Desserts from the Kafeneion
Our classic cookies are Koulourakia, Kourambiedes and Melomakarona. Koulourakia are lightly sweetened butter cookies also offered in marble and sesame varieties. Kourambiedes are a delicate, silky cookie topped with powdered sugar. Melomakarouna are oval shaped semolina-based cookies soaked in honey syrup and topped with walnuts.
Specialty cookies include Crescents, Ergolavos and round Almond Cookies. Crescents are butter cookies in almond or marble varieties. Ergolavos are oval sandwich cookies filled with apricot filling and topped with almonds or chocolate filled. Round Almond Cookies are topped with a cherry.
All cookie and pastry platters also include bite-size Paximadia, dunking biscuits in almond and chocolate almond varieties.
Cookies are pre-packaged individually by variety as well as in combination boxes and platters.
Classic Baklava and Varieties
Baklava is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped walnuts and sweetened with a light honey syrup. We feature several varieties of this festival favorite: Classic Baklava, and Baklava with topping choices of chocolate, pistachio or caramel and chocolate.
Kataifi is made with a special, light shredded filo with walnut filling and honey syrup.
Saragli and Floyeres are different shapes of Classic Baklava. Saragli is rolled into a round pinwheel shape and Floyeres are rolled into logs.
Classic Baklava is pre-packaged individually in four or eight packs. We also offer a large assortment of combination boxes and platter options.
- Bougatsa, a festival tradition, golden and creamy perfection!: Creamy custard wrapped in golden brown crispy filo and dusted with powdered sugar
- Thiples: Wafer-thin pieces of dough rolled and fried in hot oil, honey-dipped and sprinkled with walnuts and cinnamon
- Kokes: Individual layered dessert of palm-sized cake slices stuffed with custard or chocolate filling. Vanilla Kokes are topped with chocolate glaze. Chocolate Kokes are topped with chocolate icing and sprinkles. We have limited quantities of chocolate Kokes fully dipped in chocolate glaze!
- Baklava Cheesecake: Classic Cheesecake with a flakey filo topping drizzled with light honey syrup. This cheesecake is rippled with nuts and a cinnamon syrup center
- Ekmek Kataifi: Kataifi is lightly dipped in syrup and then topped with creamy, thick custard and whipped cream.
- Baklava Brownies: Delicious fudge brownies topped with a flaky filo topping, nuts and baklava syrup
- Greek Puff: Cream-filled puff pastry topped with chocolate slivers
- Galaktoboureko: Creamy custard and semolina filling wrapped in filo dough, topped with syrup
- Rice Pudding: Creamy pudding with a hint of vanilla
- Tsourekia: Loaves of slightly sweetened braided dessert bread